Safe Dog Food-519697

What are safe foods for your dog to eat? This question can best be answered by your vet. You can also research this information on the internet. I have done both of these activities; my vet has also given me a list of foods to avoid when feeding my pet. Also remember that there are also plants in your home and outside that can also be toxic to your dog. This is the list of foods that your dog should not eat. Remember to teach your children about these food so that your pet can de safe with every member of your family. Raw egg: specially the white part that contains an enzyme called avidin. This enzyme interferes with the absorption of biotin a "B vitamin". When this vitamin is low it causes skin and hair problems. Onions: It contains toxic ingredient called thiosulphate. This causes the red blood cells to burst while they circulate in the body which in turn cause your dog to be anemic. After eating the onions which can be in any form; dehydrate, raw, and even in baby food often given to puppies can cause illness. GARLIC also has this ingredient but isn’t as toxic Grapes and raisins: Can cause acute kidney failure and eventually death if too many grapes or raisins are consumed. Mushrooms: This will depend on if your dog has eaten one of the poisonous species. Amanita phalloides is most toxic type of mushroom. Raw fish: Most dogs don’t like raw fish but it contains thiaminases which interferes with vitamin B1. Avocadoes: This fruit contains Persin, in as much that all parts of the avocado are toxic to dogs. Giving them diarrhea and vomiting. Macadamia nuts: They have a high level of phosphorus which can lead to bladder stones. Most dogs are affected in their hindquarters and have limbs the become swollen. Gum: If it contains xylitol an artificial sweetener can cause a rapid decrease in their blood sugar and may cause death. This food which is a favorite for many pet owners is the most toxic. Chocolate: It contains theobromine which is a cardiac stimulate and also has a diuretic affect on dogs. Your dog will not be affected right away. It may take several hours for symptoms to show. Cocoa powder, sweet and dark chocolate : All these forms of chocolate can very toxic to your dog to the point of death. If your dog experiences any symptoms that are not normal, begin checking to see if it has eaten something on this list. Talk to your children or grandchildren to make sure they have not given the dog these foods. Call your vet as soon as possible or your emergency vet clinic. The sooner your dog gets medical help the better his chances of surviving. About the Author: This article was written by a dog owner who has four Jack Russell Terriers. One day they developed food allergies. After many visits to the vet I discovered that it was their food. I hope that this article will give you basic information. Go to .sites.google.com/site/howtodineyourcanine/ and find more information about keeping your dog healthy. Article Published On: ..articlesnatch.. – Pets 相关的主题文章:

This entry was posted in Technology. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.